I will be teaching a brand new WP bootcamp for one day to owners of non-profits. The last few months I have been busy building non-profit sites using several WordPress premium templates. I will show you in one day or two sessions on how to convert your bland looking website into a dynamic WordPress site that will impress your audience.
Savannah WordPress students. Please email me to schedule a WordPress session in your city. My schedule is quite flexible for last week of November
Dates Available : Sept. 15 -29, 2017 only
Workshop Locations : Atlanta wordpress training Savannah. Exact locations TBA.
Workshop Fee : $ 325 per person. $ 550 for 2 people. $ 800 for a staff of 3-4 people. This special offer is only to non-profits with a (501c) status. $ 225 for a 4 hour WordPress Crash Course.
Here are some of the topics I will cover in my One Day WordPress Bootcamp for non-profits.
1) WordPress Navigation Basics – Creating Pages, Categories, & Posts
2) Using the menu system versus page system – Navigation tips & visual layout
3) The power of tags in posts for SEO & Google searches.
4) WordPress categories versus wordpress tags .
5) The Power of Widgets – Modifying the look of your site using these amazing tools.<
6) Selecting templates to create the feel and look for your website brand.
7) Installing images & graphics – Visual layout & html technique
8) WordPress Plugins – Make your site dynamic with the power of Plugins.
The top 12 plugins must have for your WordPress site.
9) Using Pixlr express ( free online photo editor ) instead of Photoshop to edit & resize photos.
10) Contact form plugins like Fast Secure Contact. Create unlimited forms to generate
more sales and business for your website.
11) SEO Basics for WordPress – Using dates, slugs, and settings menu
Here are some of the things that many non-profits need out of their website:
Easy to update
Easy to maintain
Easy to customize
Quick learning curve
Good support network
Some WordPress CMS features that you can use from the initial installation and that are useful for any nonprofit:
Intuitive, well laid out back end
Easily add and manage pages
Media gallery with content that is easily embeddable
Add multiple users with different privileges
Easy to use editor
Set static front page
Five great plugins for non-profits :
Fundraising events, lectures, parties, classes, whatever event you’re organizing, the Event Registration Plugin can save you hundreds (if not thousands) ofdollars on event management tools. It was designed specifically with nonprofits in mind. Registration can be done directly through your website,
information can be exported to excel and secure payments can be made via Authorize.net, GooglePay or PayPal.
WordPress Paypal Donation
if you’re a charity then you may rely upon donations to keep going. From experience, I know that you need to make donating as easy as possible. Any signof difficulty can put potential donors off. Having a button on your website makes it super-easy.
Mailchimp Plugin – Having a solid mailing list is the backbone of any nonprofit. It’s important to be able to quickly email news and campaigns tomembers and supporters. In order to get that mailing list you need to make it easy for people to sign up. The Mailchimp plugin allows users to sign up for
your mailing list directly in your website.
WordPress Multilingual CMS – Many nonprofits operate internationally or with a wide audience speaking a number of different languages. WPML cantransform any site into a multilingual site. It’s free but has options for premium membership and paid professional translation.